You are here
Advisory Council for University Colleges in Al-Aflaj
In compliance with the strategic plan of the university colleges in Al-Aflaj and their endeavor to achieve the academic accreditation according to the standards of the national authority quality and academic accreditation , his excellence professor Abdul-Rahman Bin Mohammad Al-Aasami, the rector gave his consent to form the advisory council of the branch which consists of eight members who are highly qualified and have wide expertise to shoulder their responsibility in achieving the objectives of the branch .
Responsibilities and Functions
- Drawing up general policies of the university branch in light of directives of the university higher administration which ensure the achievements of its vision , mission and objectives
- Monitoring the quality of teaching at the branch through cooperation with national , regional and international specialist consultants and institutions.
- Seeking for extra support for the financial resources of the branch, as well as organizing its internal and external investments.
- Short and medium term developmental plans of the branch.
- Establishing, merging or canceling programs at the branch.
- Establishing partnerships with governmental bodies and private sectors.
- Considering any other matters relating to the branch offered by the head of the council. These matters shall not be included in the powers of the entities set forth in the higher educational system
- The council holds regular meetings once a month at least at the call of the chairman a week prior to the date of meeting . The members shall be well informed about the date, time , place and the agenda of the meeting.
- The council holds its extraordinary sessions whenever necessary at the call of the chairman or a signed request from the third of the council members .
- The meeting of the council shall be considered legally transacted with the presence of a unanimous majority of members including the chairman of the council or his deputy. However, in the absence of a unanimous quorum , the sessions shall be adjourned to no more than a week from the date of meeting.
- Decisions of the council shall be taken by the unanimous majority of present members. In case there is an equal voting, the side of the chairman wins.
- The meetings of the council are documented in official registers signed by all present members.
Responsibilities of the Head of the Council
- Heading and directing the meetings of the council
- Proposing the top priority issues on the schedule of the council
- Endorsing decisions and directives of the council and monitoring their executions.