You are here
The second college at PSAUB is the Alaflaj College of Sciences and Humanities(CSHA). CSHA plays an important role in promoting study of human science and development of intellectual and spiritual skills of human. The college goals derived from its unique character of the revival of Islamic culture, maintain the Islamic history and traditions of Arabic language in the framework of modern society . The College offers also the scientific studies in the fields of mathematics, physics and chemistry to agree with the prevailing trends of the scientific development . Computer science and English departments were created as two new programs to comply the requirements of the labor market. The college take into consideration the developed systematic strategies in the scientific and humanity studies . This is with the view for preparing of well qualified graduates which are able to bear the various administrative responsibilities, social and advancement of society. The college has expanded its policy of admission to include a large numbers of female students based on the community realization that the education of female plays a vital development in keeping up the development of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Al-Aflaj College of Sciences and Humanities working to provide learning and research environment to prepare qualified graduates that contribute to meet the needs of the labor market and community service through scientific and humanitarian academic programs according to international standards.
There are general objectives shared by almost all Sciences colleges all over the world, and there are particular objectives for each country according to its needs. Here, we will mention only the objectives specific to our college:
- Offering a variety of comprehensive scientific programs according to international standards that qualify students for the jobs needed in the labor market.
- Developing research projects to provide the society with knowledge and trained personnel through a stimulating environment for learning.
- Creativea scientific research with continuing quality to ensure optimal use of technology and general partnership.
- Linking the College with the professional community by holding periodical meetings and visits.
- Coordination between the graduates and the work environment to provide work opportunities in the field of specialization.
- Introducing studies that meet the needs of the community for solving problems existing therein.
It is important to note that the faculty of Science as a part of PSAUB maintains a unified academic system for applying teaching curricula programs for both female and male students and faculty alike. Each academic department is considered a single academic unit or a program in its respective college; hence its respective department council ( containing both female and male faculty) and chairperson are responsible for its academic affairs.